Celebrate the people you love by making them this sweet jar of ‘love bugs’. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day!
This is a super cute, easy craft to complete. You can either print it on coloured card (like we have), or you could colour the jar in – it’s up to you!
Valentines Day is a nice excuse to let the people we care about know that we appreciate them – it doesn’t have to be all about the big commercial stuff, or going to great expense; little treats and heartfelt messages are so much nicer!
We’ve had fun celebrating ‘Galentines’ as well – celebrating the wonderful women in our lives! It’s on the 13th of February, and it’s a great way to teach kids all about the wonderful women who help make their world a better place.
You will need:
- Love Bug Jar free printable, printed on card
- Self-seal bags
- Worm/bug lollies (we used The Natural Confectionery Company Sour Squirms)
- Felt pens (optional)
- Print the sheet onto card. You’ll need to select ‘actual size’ in the print settings, to be sure that it will print at the correct size. There are two pages in this file – the first is in colour and includes the instructions; the second page has only jar templates, and is black-and-white.
- Colour your jar in if you’ve chosen to.
- Cut out the jar, and cut the window out as well; this is the rectangle in the centre of the jar. The easiest way to cut out the rectangle is to push the tip of the scissors through the card in the middle of the rectangle, and then use that hole to start cutting.
- Put some lollies into the self-sealing bag, and seal it up. Make sure that the bag isn’t too tightly packed, so there’s room to tape the bag to the back of the card.
- Tape the bag to the back of the jar.
- Give it to your Valentine!
We hope you have fun making these little jar crafts. We’re sure that the people who receive them will love them!
Check out our cute Love Bug craft as well – they’re perfect for a group of children to create! Or, if you really like bugs, our Bug Box is heaps of fun. There’s a bristle bot, light-up bug, and lots more to create!
We’d love to see what you’ve made!